Version 1.0.55, September 9th, 2021
- Added compatibility with theme Yolo Sofani.
Version 1.0.54, August 19th, 2021
- Updated VideographyWP compatibility with AMP plugin;
- Introduced compatibility with Elementor by adding an Elementor video widget and options for embedding into the post content widget and in place of the featured image widget;
- Improved page loading time in WooCommerce product gallery displaying videos by loading the player on request (if user clicks to view the video slide).
Version 1.0.53, August 6th, 2021
- Solved bug that disabled fullscreen functionality for Vimeo embeds.
Version 1.0.52, July 27th, 2021
- Added WooCommerce product gallery video compatibility with premium WordPress theme Jevelin.
Version 1.0.51, July 19th, 2021
- Updated the video player script to use the new Vimeo.Player Api.
Version 1.0.50, July 19th, 2021
- Removed references of Vine support from plugin pages;
- Added capability of importing Vimeo videos with private link.
Version 1.0.49, June 18th, 2021
- Introduced a new filter "cvwp-aspect-ratios" that allows registration of custom size ratio from theme functions.php or other third party code (see https://gist.github.com/constantin-b/e0818e286223932d4392d023e811a27a for an example);
- Solved a bug that was issuing notices for undefined variables when attaching a video to a WooCommerce product.
Version 1.0.48, June 17th, 2021
- Introduced 9:16 aspect ratio for video embedding.
Version 1.0.47, June 10th, 2021
- Solved a bug in WooCommerce variable products that prevented the gallery from going to the variation image when changing options from the variations form.
Version 1.0.46, June 10th, 2021
- Added compatibility with premium WordPress theme Newspaper.
Version 1.0.45, June 9th, 2021
- Replaced deprecated jQuery function calls that required jQuery Migrate and were missed in VideographyWP PRO 1.0.44.
Version 1.0.44, June 3rd, 2021
- Replaced all deprecated jQuery function calls that required jQuery Migrate.
Version 1.0.43, May 13th, 2021
- Added compatibility with premium WordPress theme "Elessi".
Version 1.0.42, April 19th, 2021
- Solved a rare bug ( "Call to a member function get_image_id() on null" ) that issued PHP errors in error log when used in WooCommerce product galleries.
Version 1.0.41, March 30th, 2021
- Resume autoplay in WooCommerce product gallery while on mobile devices if video is muted or in background mode.
Version 1.0.40, March 25th, 2021
- Cleaned up video player CSS when displayed in front-end;
- Minified the video player stylesheet.
Version 1.0.39, March 24th, 2021
- Added new embed option for Vimeo videos to load video muted; muted video can autoplay on most browsers;
- Added new embed option for Vimeo videos to load in background mode, which will hide the playback controls, enables autoplay, and loops the video (available only in paid Vimeo accounts);
- Updated the video embedding script to use these new settings; this might require the browser cache to be flushed for the changes to be available.
Version 1.0.38, August 26th, 2020
- Solved a bug that displayed the video into the footer when using Avada theme with Avada template builder and custom website footer;
- Added a new option in plugin Settings for Vimeo personal access token which allows queries to Vimeo for private videos; the private videos must belong to the account that granted API access;
- Solved a bug that caused the video setup not to embed the video or import the featured image if the video description was empty on Vimeo.
Version 1.0.37, June 9th, 2020
- Solved a bug when editing a post with an YouTube video attached to it which caused annotations option to not be saved.
Version 1.0.36, May 29th, 2020
- Solved a bug that prevented custom thumbnail to be added for the video in WooCommerce product gallery;
- Solved a bug that prevented variation image to be loaded when variation used the same thumbnail as the video in WooCommerce product gallery.
Version 1.0.35, April 15th, 2020
- Solved a bug that caused the editor to break when WP SEO plugin is present and active due to a bug in VideographyWP compatibility with WP SEO.
Version 1.0.34, February 4th, 2020
- Implemented compatibility with WordPress theme Yolo Motor;
- Solved a bug that displayed empty link to plugin Settings page when attaching a video to an unsaved new post.
Version 1.0.33, January 11th, 2020
- Implemented option for customizing color of overlay play button in WooCommerce product galleries and lazy load video embeds for WordPress posts.
Version 1.0.32, January 8th, 2020
- Implemented compatibility with plugin Yoast SEO: Video;
- Implemented compatibility with premium WordPress theme Medicare.
Version 1.0.31, October 22nd, 2019
- Added origin parameter for YouTube embeds;
- Made YouTube embeds default to https;
- Introduced WooCommerce product gallery video compatibility for premium WordPress theme Woodmart;
- Solved a rare bug that caused the plugin to embed videos on any WP loop.
Version 1.0.30, September 9th, 2019
- Added filter "cvwp_the_post_option_default" that allows modification of post default options;
- Added extra styling for WooCommerce video thumbnail play button to force display the overlaying image on thumbnail.
Version 1.0.29, July 2nd, 2019
- Added compatibility with premium WordPress theme Merchandiser - https://themeforest.net/item/merchandiser-ecommerce-wordpress-theme-for-woocommerce/15791151
Version 1.0.28, June 25th, 2019
- Added new plugin option under tab Settings that allow various plugin messages to be displayed as HTML comments in front-end pages. Mainly used for debugging, should be left unchecked on live websites.
Version 1.0.27, June 20th, 2019
- Added compatibility with WooCommerce gallery plugin "WooSwipe".
Version 1.0.26, May 30th, 2019
- Added embedding using the original video aspect ratio for Dailymotion videos.
Version 1.0.25, May 27th, 2019
- Solves a bug for theme Flatsome that caused the product gallery to link directly to full image instead of opening in PhotoSwipe.
Version 1.0.24, May 10th, 2019
- Solves bug accidentally introduced in version 1.0.22.
Version 1.0.23, May 10th, 2019
Version 1.0.22, May 9th, 2019
- Added WooCommerce product gallery compatibility for premium WordPress theme "Sober".
Version 1.0.21, April 11th, 2019
- Added WooCoomerce product gallery compatibility with premium WordPress theme Primrose;
- Added compatibility with Elementor PRO post templates to replace featured image with video embed.
Version 1.0.20, April 9th, 2019
- Solves a bug in theme Tokoo compatibility that was causing video playback to run on wrong slide.
Version 1.0.19, April 9th, 2019
- Added WooCommerce product gallery compatibility with ThemeForest theme Tokoo
Version 1.0.18, March 22nd, 2019
- Solved a bug that was causing a PHP warning division by 0 when making video queries for Dailymotion and YouTube videos;
- Solved a bug that was attaching multiple video query events to "Query video" button when "Remove attached video" was clicked.
Version 1.0.17, March 21st, 2019
- Introduced option for setting the position where the video should appear in WooCommerce product galleries;
- Introduced option for video loop (supported only by Vimeo and YouTube);
- Solved a bug that was preventing the plugin to correctly identify Gutenberg editor.
Version 1.0.16, March 20th, 2019
- Solved a compatibility issue with WP theme Avada that caused the full image to be shown when clicking on video in WooCommerce product gallery.
Version 1.0.15, February 20th, 2019
- Added compatibility with WordPress theme Space
Version 1.0.14, February 12th, 2019
- Embed video in theme Leka quick view modal window in WC product archive pages and shop homepage.
Version 1.0.13, February 7th, 2019
- Added compatibility with WordPress premium theme Leka.
Version 1.0.12, January 28th, 2019
- Added YouTube API key verification in plugin Settings page under APIs&Licence tab;
- Added video tutorial in plugin Settings page under tab APIs&Licence that shows how to generate YouTube API key if key isn't already filled.
Version 1.0.11, January 10th, 2019
- Solved a bug that generated a "Bad request" error when a query was made for YouTube video (caused by white space inserted accidentally before or after the API key in plugin settings).
Version 1.0.10, January 5th, 2019
- Solved a JS bug that prevented the post title, content and featured image to be set in post edit screen if the video was attached to the post in a previous step;
- Solved a JS bug that prevented the video from being embedded in post edit screen if global option for lazy load was on and the post did not had a featured image set;
- Solved jQuery migrate notices;
- Converted administration plugin settings fields for numbers (ie. video volume, video width) from type text to type number;
- Added compatibility with Gutenberg editor;
- Added more detailed error messages whe a queried video can't be imported due to third party API errors.
Version 1.0.9, November 27th, 2018
- Solved a compatibility bug with theme "Bateaux" that was force displaying an additional thumbnail in WooCommerce product gallery even if no video was attached to the product;
- Solved a compatibility bug with theme "Flatsome" that was causing the custom thumbnail not to be displayed in product gallery if set;
- Solved a compatibility bug with theme "Flatsome" that was causing the video not to be displayed if no gallery images are set on a WooCommerce product;
- Solved a compatibility bug with theme "Bridge" that was causing the custom thumbnail not to be displayed in product gallery if set;
- Added compatibility with WordPress plugin "AMP for WordPress".
Version 1.0.8, November 16th, 2018
- Introduced possibility to add additional tabs in plugin "Settings" page;
- Added a new tab in plugin "Settings" page with information on WooCommerce theme compatibility;
- Modified WooCommerce compatibility class to work with an array of compatible themes and plugins;
- Introduced WooCommerce compatibility with premium WordPress theme "Bateaux";
- Moved all theme compatibility classes to a separate folder within "includes/libs/woocommerce" folder.ibs/woocommerce" folder.
Version 184.108.40.206, September 25th, 2018
- Added compatibility with Genesis theme Patron;
- Introduced function cvwp_video_data();
- Solved a bug in theme Flatsome compatibility layer that was adding the video thumbnail to Woocommerce product gallery even if no video was attached to the product;
- Lowered nunber of parameters for featured image embed to only 2 in order to prevent an error that certain WP themes triggered by implementing filter "post_thumbnail_html" with only 2 parameters instead of 5 (the number of parameters passed by WordPress).
Version 220.127.116.11, July 10th, 2018
- Compatibility with plugin "YITH WooCommerce Zoom Magnifier" for embedding videos in WooCoomerce product galleries;
- New option that allows embedding without cookies from YouTube.
Version 18.104.22.168, July 6th, 2018
- Solved WooCoomerce notice "Notice: id was called incorrectly. Product properties should not be accessed directly" caused by direct use of product ID instead of using getter method.
Version 1.0.7, May 23rd, 2018
- Video embedding is done by taking into account the width/height size ratio of the video for platforms that give this information (currently only Vimeo).
Version 1.0.6, May 7th, 2018
- Implemented plugin compatibility with WordPress theme "Unicon" by minti.
Version 22.214.171.124, March 10th, 2018
- Solved JS error that wasn't embedding videos if other scripts were using YouTube API callback;
- Solved an error that wasn't displaying the video in WooCommerce when setting a custom thumbnail and that particular image was removed from Media Gallery.
Version 126.96.36.199, February 21st, 2018
- Implemented plugin compatibility with WordPress theme "Basel" by xtemos.
Version 188.8.131.52, February 19th, 2018
- Extra option added for WooCommerce products to select custom video thumbnail for the product gallery;
- Made plugin fully compatible with Toolset Views plugin;
- Introduced new plugin filter "cvwp_lazy_load_image_url" that can be used to change the image size/image on lazy load video embed;
- Allowed video embeds when AJAX calls are made.
Version 184.108.40.206, January 16th, 2018
- Solves a bug in some WordPress themes that don't implement hook "woocommerce_before_single_product";
- Adds a new filter "cvwp_allow_plugin_messages" that can be used to prevent the plugin from outputting HTML comment style messages into the page output.
Version 220.127.116.11, November 9th, 2017
- Solves a bug accidentally introduced in version 18.104.22.168 which prevents all videos from being set on posts.
Version 22.214.171.124, November 8th, 2017
- Implemented compatibility with WordPress theme Bridge by QODE.
Version 126.96.36.199, November 7th, 2017
- Solved a bug that was causing WooCommerce Zoom not to work if video was placed into product gallery.
Version 188.8.131.52, November 6th, 2017
- Implemented WooCommerce Flatsome theme compatibility;
- Added new WooCommerce product option that allows video embedding instead of product main image if no gallery images are set;
- Solved a bug that was preventing the video from being embedded on WooCommerce product pages when no gallery images or featured image was set;
- Implemented new option for WooCommerce products that allows replacing of product image with video when no gallery images are set.
Version 184.108.40.206, July 27th, 2017
- Modified WooCommerce compatibility script to start on DOM ready instead of window load event;
- Added a fail safe checking into WooCommerce compatibility script to embed the video into the gallery when FlexSlider start event was missed for any reason.
Version 220.127.116.11, July 26th, 2017
- Solved a bug that wasn't saving the option on WooCommerce product to show the video at the beginning of the gallery when WP theme embedding was enabled.
Version 1.0.5, July 26th, 2017
- Solved WooCommerce gallery lightbox bug that was showing an empty image in lightbox for the video;
- Added new option for WooCommerce products to place the product video first or last in gallery.
Version 1.0.4, July 6th, 2017
- Solved a PHP bug that was preventing the default WooCommerce display to be shown to users if no product image was set.
Version 1.0.3, June 21st, 2017
- Solved a bug that in some cases prevented the video to load correctly in WooCommerce product gallery;
- Modified query to Vimeo API to ask for bigger image (maximum 1280 pixels wide);
- Introduced several new WP plugin filters that can hide plugin settings fields and display custom messages instead;
- Introduced 2 more filters that can be used to prevent any updates to be made for plguin licence and YouTube API key.
Version 1.0.2, June 16th, 2017
- Added WooCommerce product video support. The plugin will automatically embed video into product image gallery;
- Solved a video embedding issue that was causing Vimeo embeds to issue "undefined variable" errors;
- Made scripts follow WordPress SCRIPT_DEBUG constant and load the developer files when SCRIPT_DEBUG is true.
Version 1.0.1, January 5th, 2017
- Added filter "cvwp_allow_video_embed" to embeds replacing featured image too;
- Added new filter "cvwp_video_embed_html" that allows to modify video embed HTML;
- Added NewsTube theme compatibility.
Version 1.0, March 28th, 2016
- Initial release